Property and Real Estate
We have a strong Property and Real Estate practice, and have represented domestic and international real estate companies and developers on a wide range of matters, with a primary focus on real estate development projects. We have vast experience advising on real estate development projects, banking on our robust processes in place to oversee different aspects and phases of a development project as well as our ability to provide local input to international clients to ensure a seamless foray into the Malaysian real property scene.
We have also acted for individual purchasers and tenants in various phases of the acquisition or divestment of commercial real estate, including the negotiation and drafting of sale and purchase agreements, tenancies, leases, assignments and financing documents.
Whether you are an investor, developer, financier, or an occupier of property, we have built a practice based on a deep understanding of real estate assets and have the expertise to ensure that your interests are protected at all times.
Start-up and Emerging Companies
When dealing with start-ups and emerging companies, our experience extend beyond transactional work. We have advised clients through every stage of their business’ life-cycle and take pride in our inherent ability to simplify complex legal issues by crafting creative solutions within the boundaries of legal and regulatory requirements. With our wide experience in a variety of industry segments, be it in technology and e-commerce, retail and consumer products, food and restaurant chains, fashion and entertainment, medical and healthcare sector, or manufacturing and distributorship, we are committed in assisting our clients in overcoming regulatory and legal hurdles.
Read more »
We will work closely with our clients to facilitate their business grow to the next level by assisting and advising on the following:-
- share subscription agreements and shareholders agreements
- joint venture and collaboration agreements
- share option agreements
- commercial contracts including licensing agreements, distributorship agreements, sale of goods and services agreements, software agreements and service provider contracts
- funding arrangements including transactions with angel investors, venture capitalists and private equity firms
- brand and intellectual property protection
- personal data and cyber security
- employment contracts and director’s services agreement
Read less »
Corporate, Commercial and Merger and Acquisition (M&A)
Our Corporate, Commercial and M&A practice represents clients from a diverse spectrum of industry, on both the buying and selling side of mergers, acquisitions, disposals and related corporate transactions. We pride ourselves as a relationship-driven firm where we combine clients’ commercial needs with our solid business acumen and efficiency. For cross-border transactions, we have worked closely with counsel and consultants in various foreign jurisdictions and we are well positioned to assist clients across a multi-jurisdictional landscape.
Read more »
Our clients benefit from our experience in both local and cross-border transactions involving a wide range of corporate deals spanning:
- mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- joint ventures and strategic alliances
- purchases and sales of assets and businesses
- initial public offerings
- banking and finance transactions
Read less »
Licensing and Intellectual Property
We handle intellectual property protection and registration work on behalf of clients, ranging from protection and registration of patents, trade marks and industrial designs and IP rights clearance and searches.
We also advise clients on data protection on a regular basis, which has been increasingly important since the coming into force of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. We review clients’ existing policies and procedures, provide advice on how to improve their existing personal data protection practices and in certain circumstances, assist clients in their roll-out of company-wide personal data protection best practices to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Corporate Governance and Compliance
Our Corporate Governance and Compliance team assist companies in adopting best practices and good corporate governance which is essential for the long term success and sustainability of an organisation and to maintain shareholders’ confidence. We work closely with board members, senior management teams and in-house legal teams to provide comprehensive and practical advice on legal and compliance initiatives and to facilitate companies in risk management.
Read more »
To establish a robust and strong corporate governance, we support clients across the full range of corporate governance areas including:-
- code of business and conduct
- company policies, guidelines and procedures
- board policies including directors’ duties, directors’ indemnity and directors’ contracts
- executive employment and remuneration
- risk management including risk assessment and managing reputational risk
- competition law compliance programme
- personal data and privacy protection programme
- managing conflict of interest
- anti-bribery compliance programme
- whistle-blowing and disciplinary issues
Read less »
Government Relations and Regulatory
We advise investors, entrepreneurs and corporations on local business practices and industry specific regulatory requirements. We provide value-added services by identifying licenses and approvals that are best suited to our clients’ businesses and objectives and advise them on the procedures and requirements to obtain approval of such licenses.
Read more »
We strive to ensure a smooth and hassle free solution for our clients by liaising and coordinating with various local and regulatory authorities including:
- Central Bank of Malaysia (BNM)
- Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
- Bursa Malaysia Berhad
- Securities Commission Malaysia
- Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) & Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
- Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (KPDNKK)
- Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB)
- Inland Revenue Board Malaysia (LHDN)
- Immigration Department of Malaysia
- Local authorities including DBKL, MPPJ and land offices
Read less »
The calculation formula for legal fees and stamp duty is determined by the governing law.
Please contact us for our official quotation as the following calculation does not include disbursements.
eg. Fees payable to regulatory authorities and applicable tax.
|Property Purchase Price||:|
|For Property Purchase Price: Please key in the negotiated rate for property more than RM7.5 million||:|
|For Loan Amount: Please key in the negotiated rate for property more than RM7.5 million||:|
February 26, 2021
Sale and Purchase Agreement
|*Adjudicated value is based on either the purchase price or the market value, whichever is higher. For easy reference, this calculation is based on the purchase price.|